World Class Math Instruction Your Children Will Love!
Math Olympiad for Elementary & Middle School Students (MOEMS)
The goals of Math Olympiad are:
- To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
- To introduce important Mathematical concepts
- To teach major strategies for
- To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
- To strengthen Mathematical intuition
- To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
- To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges
Our MOEMS 2019 Winners!
Our results on the Math Olympiad (MOEMS) were quite impressive:
- of the 45 MOEMS E participants, 40 won one of the first 3 places (88%), of which 10 won Gold and 12 Silver.
- of the 58 MOEMS M participants, 48 won one of the top three awards (82%), of which 6 won Gold and 18 won Silver.
- Sumanth Sura received a Lenchner award for the perfect score in MOEMS M.
MOEMS E 2018-19 Winners
|Jason Cheng||25||Lenchner Award, Gold Pin|
|Alyssa Ao||6||24||Gold Pin|
|Siming Chen||5||24||Gold Pin|
|Nikhil Sankaran||6||23||Gold Pin|
|Aishwaryalakshmi Saravanan||6||23||Gold Pin|
|Tzuriel Justin Yu||6||23||Gold Pin|
|Sophie He||5||23||Gold Pin|
|Grace Qiu||5||23||Gold Pin|
|Brandon Li||5||22||Gold Pin|
|Olivia Antenucci||6||22||Gold Pin|
|Gerald Qiu||5||22||Gold Pin|
|Rhea Anand||4||21||Silver Pin|
|Celine Cheung||6||21||Silver Pin|
|Benjamin Sawatdiphong||4||21||Silver Pin|
|Tiara Ramesh||5||20||Silver Pin|
|Nicholas Wang||6||20||Silver Pin|
|Tahmin Uddin||4||20||Silver Pin|
|Anagha Kulkarni||6||20||Silver Pin|
|Agastya Sondhi||4||19||Silver Pin|
|Sasha Nandyala||6||19||Silver Pin|
|Samantha Wang||6||19||Silver Pin|
|Aman Kumar||5||19||Silver Pin|
|Shruthika Senthikumar||5||18||Silver Pin|
MOEMS M 2018-19winners!
|Sumanth Sura||7||25||Lenchner Award, Gold Pin|
|Alyssa Ao||6||24||Gold Pin|
|Tarun Iyer||8||24||Gold Pin|
|Shivnath Shankar||8||24||Gold Pin|
|Shrish Senthikumar||8||24||Gold Pin|
|Om Paithankar||8||23||Gold Pin|
|Augustus Rollin||6||23||Gold Pin|
|Sophia Hou||7||23||Gold Pin|
|Tzuriel Justin Yu||6||22||Silver|
Since RSM-MetroWest is an after school academy, we are bound by specific rules regarding MOEMS. Please note these requirements of the host organization:
1. If a student’s school participates in the Math Olympiads, the student may not be a member of the Institute team, whether or not the student is on the school team.
2. All students must take the contest using paper and pencil at the same time and at the same location.
"They have not only challenged our kids but also taught them to love math and most importantly taught them not to be afraid of math. We find they do a good job with fundamentals and then build on it to teach them problem-solving skills. We give RSM 5 stars!!!”
- Sheela Krishnamony
"All three of my boys have studied at the Russian School of Math and it has helped them to understand advanced concepts as well as prepare for taking both standardized tests as well as general school testing. It requires a high level of dedication from the child and parents, but it is worth it."
– Laura Beusch
"At first, I did not realize the huge benefit that I was receiving to my math education and would complain about homework, class, etc. Now, I see how Russian Math has helped me succeed with math in and out of school."
– Arina Khotimsky (former student, MIT freshman 2019)