World Class Math Instruction Your Children Will Love!
Summer Is The Best Time To Advance In Math
We offer two summer school sessions this year. Our REGULAR session (shown in green in the class table) starts on July 8 and ends August 15. Our EARLY session(shown in blue in the table) starts on June 24 and ends on July 30 for Monday/Wednesday classes and August 2 for Tuesday/Thursday classes.
New students in grade 1 or younger in June 2019 can simply enroll for our summer school. Older students schould schedule an evaluation to determine appropriate placement. Summer recommendations for students currently enrolled in RSM should be discussed with the child’s teacher.
- If you are new to our program, and are exploring opportunities to advance your child in math, try our Summer Math classes for elementary school to see what we are about!
- If your child wants more challenge and likes to explore unusual and challenging math problems try out our Advanced Topics – Competition Prep classes for math games, puzzles, and competition problems from all over the world! We offer these classes for all ages. These classes also will serve as valuable preparation for school year mathematics competitions.
- For High School students, our summer High School Preparation classes provide an excellent opportunity to prepare for classes in the fall, feel more confident in math, get a higher placement, and build up the college portfolio.
1. Full Summer Tuition payment is due at the time of the Application to reserve your child’s seat. There is no registration fee charged for summer classes.
2. If your plans change, a full refund will be provided up to 30 days before the start of the school year, or June 5th. If you withdraw two weeks before the start of Summer School (June 24th), a late withdrawal fee of $100 will be retained, and the rest of the payment will be returned to you. There will be no refunds after June 24th.
3. There are no refunds or make-up dates for classes missed for any reason, including illness.
4. If you sign up after Summer School already started, your tuition will be prorated based on the remaining classes from the date of your registration.
5. If you have registered for the summer school before June 1st, but your payment was not received by July 1st, the non refundable late fee of $55 will be applied to your Smart Account. To avoid accumulation of late fees, please provide the full payment by July 1st. Note, however, that we recommend you submit your tuition fee at the time of the application to reserve the seat, as your summer school seat will not be guaranteed until full summer payment is received.
Summer is an excellent time to advance your child’s academic skills. We offer a wide range of options to do so in a pleasant and intellectually challenging setting. Check us out to see why hundreds of children come to us every summer and stay for years!
Q: My child is new to RSM-MetroWest. For which class should I sign him up?
A: Please schedule a placement test by clicking here.
Q: My child is currently a RSM-MetroWest student, but we joined late and she is struggling a bit. Which class should I sign her up for?
A: Please contact your teacher to discuss your options. It is likely that either a summer class that will provide an overall review of the past year’s topics is the best option, or, if you prefer, private tutoring can be set up over the summer to reinforce specific topics your child is having difficulty with.
Q: My child is doing very well at RSM-MetroWest. Will she still benefit from summer school?
A: If your child does not want to skip a level and does not need to catch up on any material, we recommend signing up for the appropriate Advanced Topics class.
Q: What is the time commitment for summer school?
A: All regular Math classes meet twice a week for 6 weeks. Of course, there is homework as well.
Q: I am leaving on vacation in the middle of the summer school. Can I pay a pro-rated fee?
A: No, according to our Payment Policy, you commit to the entire Summer School program fee. However, we will provide you with the homework and class assignment for the time you are away, so that your child can keep up with the program. Many of our families have successfully used this option over the years.
Q: My child attends Math Competition Preparation classes at RSM-MetroWest during the school year. Is it still worthwhile to take the Advanced Topics classes?
A: Yes, absolutely. These classes complement each other. We cover a number of topics we do not have time for during the year, and it is really a lot of fun!
"They have not only challenged our kids but also taught them to love math and most importantly taught them not to be afraid of math. We find they do a good job with fundamentals and then build on it to teach them problem-solving skills. We give RSM 5 stars!!!”
- Sheela Krishnamony
"All three of my boys have studied at the Russian School of Math and it has helped them to understand advanced concepts as well as prepare for taking both standardized tests as well as general school testing. It requires a high level of dedication from the child and parents, but it is worth it."
– Laura Beusch
"At first, I did not realize the huge benefit that I was receiving to my math education and would complain about homework, class, etc. Now, I see how Russian Math has helped me succeed with math in and out of school."
– Arina Khotimsky (former student, MIT freshman 2019)